Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hello, World!

I've always liked the idea of keeping a journal, but never liked sitting down and writing things out in longhand. My hand would cramp up and the pictures I'd include wouldn't get developed for another six months, so I found the whole exercise too frustrating. Six years ago, my sister gave me a 10-year Gardener's Journal (from here). Amazingly enough, I was able to keep that up to date, and really loved seeing the changes in the garden listed out over the years. I'm somewhat computer literate, and typing comes easy for me. Emails sent home from abroad made wonderful mementos of my adventures. A typed record, easy to update, photos included, would be just the thing. The light bulb finally lit up - why not try blogging the changes in my life, the garden, and our town? So bear with me, world. I'm gonna learn how to blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving your blogsite! Very good idea. I, too, sometimes want to just put whatever I'm thinking about out there ~ maybe one of these years.
:-*
-D