Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lizard's Alive


I'd just hung the big laundry items out on the clothesline, and came back in to get the little collapsible rack to set out on the patio for the socks and underwear. Albert, the cat, met me at the bathroom door with a mouthful of lizard (see last paragraph of April 27th post). He promptly spit it out, but this time I was faster. I scooped up the lizard and took him back outside (the cat is still looking for it in the bathroom). Most of our lizards are a dull dark color, but this one was quite pretty, light and dark grey with some almost iridescent turquoise scales on his back (and with his tail still intact). Let's hope he's learned to stay away from the cat!

5 comments:

Annodear said...

Pretty lizard.

You scooped him up with your *hands*??

Sadge said...

I tried to pick him up, but I'm a bit jumpy around scaly critters. I had a pair of blue jeans on the bathroom floor, from laundry sorting, and when he ran onto them I kind of flipped them over the lizard and carried him outside wrapped up in the denim. He stayed where I dumped him off long enough for me to get the camera, and then I poked him to make sure he was still alive and he ran for cover.

Sue said...

I'd take a lizard over a snake anyday, but really, you need to have a talk with your cat about bringing scaly things in the house.
:)

Anonymous said...

Here leezard, leezard, leezard. =)

Jen said...

Read your comment over at Garden Desk about Aries' dad and the sugar cubes for the racoons. My husband and I nearly fell off our chairs laughing! Who needs t.v., eh? :)