Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bloggy Bling

Sorry - I know I've been a bit missing-in-action here lately. I had family visiting, presentations and events leading up to the Primary Election (I lost), a husband on vacation for two weeks (including a week spent camping at Tahoe), and my harvest season is here. I'll catch you up on all that shortly. But first, look what I got:

Texas Poppet, "a suburban homemaker struggling to make peace with the globe trotting action hero living inside", sends me a virtual hug. She says my gorgeous pictures of livestock, garden and home always leave her smiling. Thank you! Her blog is a perfect mix of information, humor, and bloggy neighborliness. Go check her out at Canned Laughter - preserving peaches and domestic bliss.

And now, I get to pass this bloggy love around. I'm to choose five blogs that "make my day". Hope you'll check out the following (in no particular order):

I've been reading Lorisdoris' posts since she started her imaginary blog (since she was always imagining what she'd write, she started an actual blog). She's now reorganized it into a beautiful site over at Frugal Domesticity. Recipes, knitting, simple living - just like Grandma used to do.

So often, women seem to be the driving force behind their family's efforts at sustainable living. It's a refreshing change to see a man posting about living lightly on the land. James, at Simple Living in a Complex Society, writes about his delight at learning to can, provides recipes, and some wonderful tips on the frugal life.

I love the creativity over at Wardrobe Refashion. For some great ideas on refashioning or sewing your own clothing, check out these reader-generated posts. Maybe you'll even be inspired to take the pledge.

So sorry, but the fourth blog no longer makes my day.

When I want some food for thought, or just a different way of looking at things, FoodShed Planet always seems to have something to chew on. I hope my readers agree, and that the above bloggers continue to pass this on. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sadge! This is my first blog award.

I am glad you are back. Sorry about the primary - I was hoping you won and that was why you were MIA. I am proud of you for running and being "the change you want to see in the world."

~Laura

James said...

Thank you for the mention of Simple Living in a Complex Society on your blog. I know I haven't been very regular with posting lately, but harvest time, back to school for the kids, and just life in general goes into doing other things besides writing.

Thanks, and keep it simple!

James

Anonymous said...

I have a little award for you too Sadge. Come on over to pick it up!

~Laura

nikkishell said...

Thanks for the little award :) I'm glad you like reading Wardrobe Refashion