Saturday, July 3, 2010

Make a Jeans Skirt

My Soroptimists Club is working a booth at a local Chili Cookoff this weekend, and since it's the Fourth of July we're going with a red, white, and blue theme. It's gonna be too hot for blue jeans, so I made myself a blue jeans skirt this afternoon.

Since it's also my turn to post on the Simple Green Frugal Co-op blog, I took pictures of my little project and wrote a tutorial. I've been refashioning jeans into skirts for decades. It's easy enough for even a beginning sewer, and a great use if you have a pair of favorite pants where the inseam is starting to wear. Check it out here.

1 comment:

Aurora said...

I have a couple of pairs of jeans that I wanted to try this with. I like that it flares, all the patterns I have found have basically been straight cut mini skirts which aren't really my thing.

I love your blog and the photos you share, your part of the world seems particularly spectacular (a bit different from my urban part of the UK!).

Good luck with your Cookoff!